February 12, 2021
Le Roy Parents and Guardians –
Attached are two very important documents:
- Le Roy CSD Transition Plan from a Hybrid Learning Model to Five Day In-Person Learning PowerPoint Presentation. This includes the first phase of the plan – preparing our classrooms (furniture) to have students back for five days a week. Transition Plan - PowerPoint
- Zoom presentation with specific details on the Transition Plan and timeline. https://drive.
google.com/file/d/ 1qD4cbo1hRroYWpd4RKe4gU9Vii9gg zSY/view?usp=sharing
In order to successfully accomplish the first phase of the Transition Plan with minimal distractions and maximizing our current resources, the following will be the instructional schedule for all students in Pre-K – 12th grades for the week of February 22nd – 26th:
- Monday, February 22nd – Regular in-person day Jell-O students
- Tuesday, February 23rd – Full Remote Learning day Jell-O students
- Wednesday, February 24th – Regular Remote Wednesday (last one)
- Thursday, February 25th – Full Remote Learning day Oatka students
- Friday, February 26th – Regular in-person day Oatka students
In a separate announcement, building principals will communicate instructional times for Tuesday (2/23) and Thursday (2/25) for their respective buildings. All GV BOCES Career and Tech, Alternative Education, and out-of-district SPED students will follow their program schedules as normal.
The first phase of our Transition Plan allows our classrooms to be ready for five day in-person learning. The Transition Plan also has set a tentative target date of Tuesday, April 6, 2021, for five day in-person learning for all Le Roy CSD students in Pre-K – 12th grades. The attached Zoom and PowerPoint presentation provides more specifics and details on what metrics we will follow to meet the tentative target date of April 6th.
Please don’t forget that all Jell-O in-person students in grades K – 12 will still start on alternating Wednesdays on March 3rd. Oatka students will have their first Wednesday on March 10th.
We are very excited at the possibility of bringing our students back five days a week! It is long overdue! There is a ton of specific planning still left ahead. Again, thanks for your patience, understanding, and support as we work together to safely educate our students during this pandemic.